Title: Unique Just-in-Time Change Management Solution
Participants: Middle Managers
Key Topics: Leadership Development, Change Management, Transition Management, Sustainability, Culture Management, Leading by Example
Advanture designed and facilitated a unique, economical, and highly effective change management program for the managers of 600 WestJet employees who were going to be affected by a large internal IT change. Since these managers were only responsible for local compliance (on their teams), and not for managing the entire change (they were not designing and launching the IT system as a whole), they did not need a comprehensive change leadership workshop, but rather a highly customized program perfectly suited to their unique challenges and responsibilities.
Advanture created for WestJet a just-in-time action planning workshop that focused on precisely what these managers needed, and no more; namely, teaching them how to do the following:
- Manage transitions, i.e., help employees prepare for, deal with, and make the most of the upcoming IT change;
- Sustain the change locally, i.e., making the change stick on their own teams; leading by example; anchoring new processes and practices in employee attitudes and behavior for sustainable results.
We were also given the mandate of delivering the workshops in a mere 3 hours. We succeeded on both counts. Our highly interactive workshop combined theory, practical tools, and action planning, and all managers left our workshop with both a solid education and practical, real time, action plans in the two key areas of the program:
- Managing transitions;
- Sustainability (local compliance / sustaining the change / making it stick / anchoring new practices in team culture).
Advanture also designed a suite of four workshops for all managers of the Customer Service Management Team, delivered 2002-2005:
- Leading Change
- Goals & Metrics
- Employee Engagement and Retention
- Building Leaders at All Levels
“On behalf of the Customer Service team here at WestJet, we once again would like to thank you for your great workshop. I really hope that WestJet and yourself will be able have some further discussions and workshops because I think the material that you present will help everyone at WestJet develop as we continue to grow.”
- Pino Mancuso, Manager, Quality, WestJet